What Other Benefits?
What Would Implementation Involve?
How Much Is It Likely To Cost?
How Long Will It Take?
Do I Have To Use A Consultant?
What is a Quality Management System/ ISO 9001?
What is an Environmental Management System/ ISO 14001
What is an Occupational Health & Safety Management System?
What is a Food Safety Management System/ ISO 22000?
- Image of the organisation will be enhanced through not only the customers’ eyes, but through employees and shareholders alike (Pride/ Results driven)
- This may also create competitive edge within organisations’ marketing – many organizations may already be asking you for guarantees of sound Management (of Q, S, E, and/ or FS)
- Certification will ultimately show a commitment to Quality, Safety, Environmental and/ or Food Safety Management; and demonstration of effective systems (satisfying stringent external requirements/ standards)
- Implementation or ‘Certification’ should not be seen as a chore, or the ultimate goal, but the initial target for increasing and improving business effectiveness/ efficiency – Starting on a Continuous Improvement Journey.
- Unified Strategy and Vision within the organization (which may be further cascaded/ developed);
- Key Roles and Responsibilities will be more easily identifiable within the organization (also assisting in staff motivation);
- Cost savings can be made throughout, with improved efficiency and productivity; identification of deficiencies; wastage; loss; risk, etc.. – concentrating on Value-adding and Management of Risk.
- Continual improvements can be developed/ replicated, and Best Practices built into the business model (refining needs/ expectations);
- Interested Parties/ Customers will all notice; new market opportunities may emerge
- Assessment as to where the organisation is, in relation the subscribed standard(s) (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 22000, or others), and how these may be applied to the business (‘Gap Analysis’);
- Establishing the key Business (and Q, S, E and FS) Objectives, and how these fit into the operation of the business;
- Producing an outline Policy, defining intentions as to how such requirements/ objectives will be met, satisfying the core requirements;
- Communicating throughout the organisation, and ensure involvement, commitment and ownership (Awareness Training, etc.);
- Identify boundaries/ interactions of the Management System and the organisations processes, developing operational procedures, etc (as required; keeping to a minimum wherever possible);
- Proactively evaluating and managing risks specific to individual businesses, within specific organisational context
- Continually evaluating results, effectiveness and further improvement areas.
- Difficult to quantify, until initial ‘Gap Analysis’ stage has been completed; however, first stage (incl site Visit, Gap Analysis and development of very specific (‘plain English’) Action Plans) could be completed for circa. £750 (c. 2x days work).
- Full project costs are very much dependant on the complexity, culture, leadership, and more importantly resource availability within the organisation (How much you are able to do yourself; how much support you could use…?)
- We (unlike some other companies) would rather cost/ quote for improvements, rather than merely non-value-adding (‘Tick In The Box’) Certification Projects.
- One of our Consultants would be happy to discuss your specific needs/ budgetary requirements – Please Contact Us.
- Again, this is very much dependant on support, resources, complexity, etc; and at what stage in the ‘Continual Improvement Journey’ the organisation is at….
- Based on averages (and on availability of Certification Bodies), Certification should be achievable within around 9-12 months.
- No – You may be able/ willing to do it all yourself (dependant on readily available resources/ time).
- However, if you do use a Consultant/ Company – we would rather you gained support from ‘Quality Eye Consultancy Services’ (either for initial stage(s), or for the full Management of your Project – the choice is yours!)
- If you shop around, and use someone other than ‘QECS’, beware and always ask for references/ credentials! (Guaranteed Certification with a set cost, may add no value to your business…)